It’s the closest Vesuvius city to Naples. It was destroyed by the last eruption of 1944; rebuilt, today it has a modern appearance.
An imposing white dome, dominating the centre of the village, is that of the eighteenth-century Church of St. Sebastian, miraculously saved from the disastrous event.
The Vesuvius National Park is in the building of the old town hall.
Area 200 ha
Postal Code 80040