Connected to nearby Ottaviano for a long time, the village was formed in the mid-eighteenth century and owes its name to the third lava flow or “third fire” that in 1631 devastated the slopes of the volcano.
The Temple of the Immaculate, inaugurated in 1758, is worth a visit. The remains of the Church of St. Francis and the majestic Villa Bifulco can’t be missed. The village’s wine production is traditional and very famous. Furthermore, the handwork of the lava stone is particularly important.