The village is located a few kilometres away from the excavations of Pompeii. The Church of Ave Gratia Plena s definitely worth seeing and is located in the city centre, in the Annunziatella district. Built in 1688, with its three Latin-cross naves, it’s considered one of the oldest religious buildings in the Vesuvius area.
With the opening of Matrone road, nowadays closed to cars, it became since the 20s a popular starting point for the ascent of the volcano.
However, it remains an excellent starting point for visiting the Tirone - Alto Vesuvio nature reserve and the state forest.The production of wine and apricots is very important